What Is Cold-Pressing?
- Cold Pressing is a mechanical process in which the oil is extracted and separated from the seeds or nuts without chemical intervention and without the addition of any substances at a temperature that does not exceed 35-40°C.
- In general, Cold means the presence of low temperature, especially in the atmosphere.
- Pressing is an act or instance of applying pressure or force to (something) to flatten or shape or squeeze it.
Why Should You Choose Cold Pressed Oil?
- First and Foremost, as no heat is involved in the cold pressing process, it retains far more nutrition and living enzymes are kept intact.
- Cold pressed oils keep all of their flavor, aroma, and nutritional value. They contain zero grams of trans fatty acids and are naturally cholesterol-free.
Why Refined Oil Is Dangerous Than Cold Pressed Oil?
- First of all, the refined oils are treated with acid, or bleached, purified using an alkali. They can also be neutralized, deodorized, and filtered using chemicals like hexane. And finally the colourless, odourless, nutrients- destroyed liquid which is called refined oil.
- Refined oils get a bad reputation among society for manufacturing oil with lots of preservatives to increase their shelf life.
- It may not be suitable for deep frying. This oil oxidizes and turns up into trans fats.
- Excess heat done in processed oils can increase the quantity of oil extracted but it compromises its quality and detracts from the natural benefits and degrades the healthiness of the oil.
Benefits of Cold Pressed Oil
- 40% reduction in oil consumption
- Rich Natural Aroma
- Thick Texture
- Free from-Chemical, Preservatives, Cholesterol, Trans-Fat.
- Good for Heart and Liver
- Source of healthy Fats
- Prevent deposit of calcium in arteries
- Cold Pressed oils are extracted at low temperatures, keeping their omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids intact which is necessary for our body in improving eyesight, immunity and internal organ protection.
- Cold pressed oils are loaded with essential antioxidants and vitamins.
- They are rich in vitamin E.
- They also have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which prevent the exposure to infections.
- Cold Pressed oil contains a good source of vitamin C which penetrates into the skin and promotes a health care skin.
- It boosts the immune system due to the presence of oleic acid in high amounts.
- They contain a high concentration of fatty acids which is very essential for health and also improve brain function.
- They can even balance blood pressure levels preventing hypertension.
- Cold Pressed oils also contain cancer fighting properties.
- They are suitable for any type of meal.